Field Paramedic – 6 Positions
Reports to: Field Supervisor, EMS Director
Job schedule is 24/48
Provides Advanced Life Support including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; provides non-emergency care and transport as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and directs fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to the ill and injured utilizing all basic and advanced abilities and techniques as stated in department protocols
- Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis;
- Performs critical physical examinations;
- Recognizes common cardiac dysrhythmias and understands the principles and treatment modalities for life threatening dysrhythmias;
- Understands and anticipates the pharmacological treatment of critically ill and injured patients;
- Deals with medical and emotional needs of any victim of acute illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and morbidity;
- Responsible for quality patient-care as established by the Department;
- Files standardized reports of patient information and care for the use of receiving hospital and administration, including nature of request for aid, pertinent past history, therapy provided diagnosis, disposition and sufficient patient information for billing purposes;
- Follows standard written protocols when a physician cannot be contacted;
- Transports the ill and injured to appropriate institutions of medical care;
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions;
- Cleans and maintains equipment;
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by the EMS Director and Medical Director.
- Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles;
- Cleans and maintains living quarters;
- Maintains records of vehicles, supplies, training and daily work
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Understanding of office computer hardware (i.e.: PC’s, tablets, laptops, copier, printer, fax) and software (i.e.: Microsoft Office, EMR, email, internet)
- Understanding of radio and paging equipment
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must possess good customer service and people skills
- Must possess positive, team oriented attitude
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Texas EMT-Paramedic Certification required
- AHA CPR Certification
- No Experience Required; 1-2 years preferred
- ACLS, PAL certification preferred
- Low Cost Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Add Family to insurance for nominal cost
- TCDRS pension with 6% match
- Generous PTO and Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Plans
- Educational Reimbursement
- And more.......
*Starting @ $42,000 per year no experience